Thursday 24 May 2018

I'm late, I'm late...

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my inspiration post for VivaLasVegaStamps! today !

I have made an Art Journal spread and I have gone for an Alice in Wonderland theme. I love Alice in Wonderland. Strange really if you know that I only started to read the books as an adult. I got really interested when I started crafting as the characters are great for cards, tags, journals... you name it.


This spread was made in my homemade gel printed book. I learned making this in a workshop with Birgit Koopsen. You make lots of gel printed pages and then glue them together to make a book. 
There is a video from Birgit to show the process HERE

I started with heat embossing the Dandilion here and there on the pages. I used fine detail white embossing powder by WOW. Next I stamped the background with similar colours of Archival inks as the background and with grey and black for contrast. Next I added some washi tape and stamped the rabbit and the sentiment. 


The rabbit was coloured with Copic Markers and cut out. I rest amped him onto my page and was then able to cut off small details like the watch chain. I then adhered the coloured one over the top. I also added some shading under him. 


The stamped sentiment was cut into smaller pieces and adhered to the page. A little doodling with a white pen finished the whole thing off. 

I used the following stamps:

Thank you for stopping by today ! 


2 comments:

  1. A perfectly gorgeous art journal page, beautifully created! I love Alice In Wonderland xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spread, Corrie, and who could resist Alice in Wonderland. That Gelli print background is totally awesome too!

    ReplyDelete