Wednesday 1 March 2017

Cherish

Hello everyone,

and welcome to a brand new Challenge over at Country View Challenges. This month the lovely Christine chose the theme "Inspired by Tim Holtz" and who isn't ?

I had a good rummage through my Tim goodies and found that I had a lot more than I thought ! lol
Apart from the little canvas board I used everything is Tim Holtz.

Why don't you play along with us? You can win a GBP 20,- voucher for the shop HERE.
Just make sure you read the rules on the Country View Blog.

Here is my project :




This was so much fun to make ! Here's how: 


I used a pallet knife to scrape a thick layer of Distress Crackle Paint on this little tiny canvas. The size is 10 x 10 cm or 4" x 4" 


While the canvas is drying I added some black ink to this little frame by Tim. 


After putting on the ink and wiping it off again, the frame looks like this. 


I used a grey and black (not in the picture) Distress Crayon to age this little fractured doll (by Tim). I scribbled the crayon on my craft sheet and mixed it with Distress Collage Medium to make it permanent. 


Here is how it came out. I added another layer of Distress Collage medium of the top to make sure the colour is not coming off. 


In the meantime the canvas was dry and looked like this. Isn't that cool ! 


Again I used Distress Crayons to colour the canvas and again I sealed it with Distress Collage Medium. 


This was the result. I then took some cut and dry foam to add ink to the edges of the little canvas. 


Here's how that came out. 


Next I added stamping to it.....


Here are all the bits to go on the canvas, I decided to add one of these numbers too and gave it the same treatment with crayons and Collage Medium. I also found some lace to put behind the frame.  Time to put everything together... 


It the last second I also added a little rub on on the doll for more interest. 

And here's the finished result again. I love the end result ! 


Here are some close ups.







Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of Tim's products Corrie, the canvas texture and colour is gorgeous, the enhanced crackle looks amazing and the framed doll and number 13 works perfectly as embellishments. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een prachtige creatie, ik hou ervan! Bedankt voor je uitleg!

    Groetjes
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome canvas, Corrie! The background looks amazing! I love every bit of it! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning panel Corrie, the distress crayons work perfectly with the crackle to give such a cool background. The framed doll sits perfectly there xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorges Corrie, love the warm colour palette nd I love the fractured doll. Bret backdrop . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous Corrie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a proper Timfest! Great texture Corrie. Great piece. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really just so cool! I haven't tried using DC this way, and certainly will. Stunning design! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got to love distress crackle! I love the way that you've used the distress markers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is absolutely brilliant - I adore what you have done here - must try the background technique - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the frames but still not sure how to use them and your make is giving me ideas! Great canvas Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous crackled background, and I just love how you've distressed all those embellishments... a brilliant TH-inspired make.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful Corrie, I love your crackle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous canvas, adore the crackle and love the treatment on the little Fractured Doll, she looks wonderful centered on that lovely frame! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant canvas, Corrie! Love the details on it and the seldom used yellow color.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete