Wednesday 1 February 2017

Comfortzone

Hello everyone,

We are very excited here over at Stampotique because we have new stamps ! From now on Stampotique will have 6 new images each month ! How about that !

Also today, a new challenge starts and it is called : "Love bugs". So I have used one of the new stamps and added a bug ! Spider girl's spider is loving this tree and so are the birds ! This piece actually very nearly ended in the bin because I messed up the background. After a lot of faffing about I managed to make it look like this :



I was determined to make a one layer journal page. So I started with stamping the image which is called "Communitree" and is by Jill Penney. I coloured her with my Zig watercolour brush pens. I though I could also do the background with this so I started adding blue around the image and using a water brush to spread it and when I touched the image it started bleeding into the blue. 

I ended up using a small brush and white gesso to paint the bleeding out. After I gave the rest of the page a coat of gesso I used acrylic paints to colour the background. It worked out OK in the end. I added stencilling and stamping and a sentiment and that was that ! 






Here is a close up of this new stamp. Note: I added the spider; it doesn't appear on this image. 

I used the following stamps:


You can find all 6 new designs for February HERE.


We hope you will play along with the challenge but before you do make sure to read the rules on the Stampotique DC page



2 comments:

  1. Love how you have used the new imagery Corrie, fabulous background for that wonderful focal image. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete