Wednesday 11 May 2016

Happiness

Hello everyone,

and happy Wednesday again !!!  It is time for a new challenge over at the Stampotique Designers' Challenge blog. Today, our hostess is the very talented Arwen and she chose 'scribbles' as her theme. This is what she said about her challenge:

"This week I want to see scribbles in your project. That can be scribbles by hand or with a stamp or stencil, you choose!"

I chose to scribble by hand and with a stamp in this art journal:


I really enjoyed making this. It is a little messier than what my normal stuff is but sometimes it's nice to be messy ! I started with a piece of Mixed Media paper that I cut in half (to be able to glue it on two pages in my journal. You could also cut it in half after you finish it) and gessoed. With a stencil and model paste I added the numbers.  I then used PaperArtsy Fresco paints to paint it. I drew a circle with a black pen and then wrote the quote around the circle by hand. It reads: Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness. I had some room left so I added 'Freedom = Happiness! I stamped the background with various stamps and Archival inks. I used green, blue, black and grey inks. The coffee rings were stamped with white ink also but I find when it dries it becomes less bright so I poured white embossing powder over them and heat embossed them.  I used a white paint pen to add some splatters and a Stabile all pencil to add some shading around the numbers. I then stamped Mabel in the circle and also on a piece of white card stock on which I also stamped the word 'Happiness' from a sentiment stamp. Mabel was coloured with Copic Markers, cut out and adhered to herself in the circle. A few hand drawn lines along the edges finished it off. 

I used the following stamps: 


Why not play along with us this week. You could win one of two $30 vouchers at the end of the month ! Just remember we don't allow Digi's and you can only enter once in each challenge. 
Good luck ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


13 comments:

  1. Mooi!! Enne wat mooi geschreven!! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super scribbling ... love your background... love the green too. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background colours and what a great sentiment :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background! Very cool piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is divine <3 Love it!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Love the colours!!
    Greetings, Britta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love how the blended colours draw the eye into the centre, and the words are so true. Fabulous colouring of Mabel too - love this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic colours on that gorgeous background Corrie, love the background stamping and Mabel is the perfect focal point, wonderful journal page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour combo and love the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page - love the colours and background and showcase Mabel beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! I really love the colors!

    ReplyDelete