Wednesday 2 September 2015

Whatever...

Hello everyone,

Another Wednesday, another Stampotique Challenge ! Yay ! Today the lovely Sue is our hostess and she chose "Perfectly Primary" for her theme and this is what she said:

"Take 2 of the 3 primary colours (and the colours that they create when mixed) and just use these on your creation. You can also use black and white if you like. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create."

I made a card for this challenge:



I chose blue and yellow for my colours. I started with a piece of card stock that was slightly smaller than my card front. I used a blending tool and two colours of Distress Ink; Faded Jeans and Mustard Seed. I coloured two thirds of the card with the yellow and then did the same on the other side with the blue which created green in the middle. Next I put a swirly stencil over the top and sprayed water over it.  I think this gives such a cool effect after you mop up the water. It 'bleaches' the pattern into the ink. 
Next I stamped some text in the same Distress Ink colours and dripped some white ink over the top. This reacts with the ink underneath so you end up with a lighter shade of whatever colour is underneath. 
I then stamped the banner on the card and on a piece of white card stock. The flags on the white card stock were coloured with the blending tool and the same two Distress Inks. I then used a water brush to take up some of the ink, to make it lighter. I accentuated that with a white pen. 
The main figure on this card is called 'Monster news' by Kira Nichols and is part of the new Stampotique release. I coloured him with Copic Markers, cut him out and adhered him to the card. Lastly I stamped the 'whatever..' on his banner,  drew some lines along the edges and glued the panel to the card. 

I used the following stamps:

Thank you for stopping by today ! I would love it if you would participate in our challenge this week. You could win one of two $30 vouchers at the end of the month to spend in the online shop HERE. Just remember NO digi's and only one entry per person per challenge...  

9 comments:

  1. Leuke uitdaging en voor jou geen probleem zo te zien; weer een heel leuke! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright, cheery card Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Corrie, I love how you have created your background, and Monster News is such a happy chappy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een leuke uitwerking weer, Corrie!
    Mooie kleurencombinatie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man Corrie, I love this! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply fabulous corrie, love this so much!!!!
    I'm back on my friends' blogs, hope I will have time to do a bit of catch-up in the coming days... otherwise my apologies, I will be certainly more regular and supportive in the months to come! Bises from France.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love it when a piece makes me laugh out loud... that's what this brilliant card did to me, so thank you for that!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this Corrie. Totally awesome!!! xx

    ReplyDelete