Tuesday 8 September 2015

I'm not proud !


Hello everyone, 

It's my turn on the VivaLasVegaStamps! Blog again today. 

I am totally addicted to Lindy's Sprays and Alice in Wonderland. No idea why I am hooked on Alice though as I didn't even read the book when I was I child. It was only a couple of months ago that I bought a second hand copy of Alice in Wonderland and Through the looking glass. It's a great book ! 

Anyway here is the art journal that I made:





I started the page with gesso and then used a stencil to 'build' the wall. Once that had dried I used about 6 different sprays from Lindy's Stampgang to colour the background. I kept spraying, dripping and drying until I was happy with the result. Next I stamped the background randomly. (There is a complete list of all the VLVS! Stamps I used at the bottom of this post). 

The four main characters were stamped on white card stock and coloured with Copic Markers. I did stamp the bee and the cat on the background too, so I didn't have to cut out the bee's antennae and legs and the cat's whiskers. After colouring I cut them all out and adhered them on to the page. The sentiment is a quote out of 'Through the looking glass' by Lewis Caroll. I typed it on my old typewriter, cut it into strips and adhered it to the page. Lastly I doodled around the strips. 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by ! 





6 comments:

  1. Fab page Corrie
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Corrie and fabulous combination of stamps!! I often think Alice is more of an adult book anyway, but maybe kids get it on a different level....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zo mooi hoe je hem op de muur laat zitten en zo meteen diepte krijgt! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up on Alice, and I'm always happy to re-read it - especially Through the Looking Glass. I love Humpty Dumpty and his insane word games. I love your inky effects and fab textured brick work. Wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete