Sunday 4 January 2015

Tim's tags of 2015

Hello fellow Crafters,

For something totally different I have decided to take part in the 12tags of 2015, organized by Tim Holtz. Here's January's :




I didn't have the materials Tim used but I think it is good to have to improvise; after all it doesn't have to be an exact copy, does it ? I used rub-ons and stamps straight on the Manilla tag and then glued tissue paper over the top. I sprayed this with two colours of Spray ink. After this all dried I added some more rub ons, the 2015 are rub ons too. I then used a blending tool and some Distress Ink around the edges. When this was still wet I  dipped some of the edges in gold embossing powder and heat embossed it. I think that looks really good. I then added some more rub ons and a metal embellishment and a Tim paperclip. Next were the chit chat stickers and some more ink splattered over the top. Lastly I used the same blue spray ink to colour the ribbon and attached this with some staples and the tiny attacher. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....

21 comments:

  1. Wow, your tag is gorgeous, Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT !!! Great colours , love the blue ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and so pleased you decided to play along this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..prachtige tag, mooie details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the 12 Tags Club, Corrie! (OK, it's not really a club!) I've been doing Tim's tags for more than a few years now and they never get old! I love your take on this months tag. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a fantastic debut tag! Love your take on Tim's inspiration - all that gilding is fabulous with the hit of turquoise at the heart of it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Corrie. I noticed your tag and had to come over for a closer look. it is beautiful and love the splash of that beautiful blue in the middle
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Catherine ! Welcome to my blog ! Thank you for your lovely words !
      Corrie x

      Delete
  8. This is beautifully rich....yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your background is gorgeous...love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woot! DId you see you're a winner for the January tag, Corrie? Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your take on Tim's tag...congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work, congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strikingly beautiful tag! Gold embossing=genius...congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love th simplicity and the sentiment. Congratulations on winning the Jan. Challenge! Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the creative improvisations you made. Love the intense colors. Great sentiment. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very striking tag. The sentiment is just perfect. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your win! Fabulous tag. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your win with a very pretty tag!

    ReplyDelete