Wednesday 5 November 2014

Living it

Hello fellow Crafters,

and happy Hump Day to you all. Our host today for the weekly challenge over at the Stampotique Designers' blog is the lovely and oh so talented Arwen. Did you know she has her own line of stamps in the Stampotique store. Why not check them out HERE

For her challenge this week she chose the theme "Spotlight" and this is what she said :

"Artwork consist of many small details that make a whole.
This week I would like to see spotlights in your work.
Lift a detail of your artwork especially visible out.
xx Arwen"

And although I might have not understood it properly,  I've decided to post mine anyway:



It is a page in my watercolour Moleskine journal. I started with stamping the lantern on the page and then used washi tape to mask off the part of the page where the light was going to be. I used Mustard Seed Distress ink and a blending tool to create the light. Next I masked off the light and I then used Broken China, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire and Black soot to create a night sky. I used a white paint pen and put some dots down for the stars. Next I chased some pattern paper for the ground. I used some copic markers in different shades of brown to create the darker part, leaving the original colour for the light pool.
The monsters and the lantern were stamped again on white card stock with Memento. I marked the shadow line on the outside monsters and then coloured all the images with Copic Markers, clear embossed it all and then cut it all out. I went around the edges with a black marker to hide any imperfections in my cutting. After adhering everything to the page I took another Copic Marker and drew and coloured the shadows of the monsters. Lastly I stamped the sentiment and used my white marker to make it stand out a bit more.

Here is a list of all the stamps I used :

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it....



14 comments:

  1. Prachtig en zo mooi die schaduwen op de grond! Super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat een heerlijk kleuren- en schaduwspel Corrie...het zou zo een kaft van een leuk kinderboek kunnen zijn!
    Prachtig!
    Groetjes en fijne dag, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious and amazing. Tim Holtz would be proud that this was created with his inks. He should send you a box. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome job! Love the spotlight on them and the shadows-incredible scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is wonderful Corrie,the light from that street lamp is just brilliantly done...might have to CASE that technique,love it

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. geweldig, mooi die schaduwen!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corrie, this blows me away! I'm speechless. This card is so f*ckin' cool :)
    I love it!!!!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome interpretation, Corrie! All the SDC challenges are for inspiration and a "jumping off" point for artists. You did Arwen proud with your journal page, my friend! I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Corrie, not only is it gorgeous, but there's also a flippin' art lesson here too. I just colour in rubber stamps, but seeing how you've done this has blown me away too. I confess I'm going to try to recreate this myself, just to see if I can. Thank you so much for sharing this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible! I just love this piece. Your spotlight is so clever with the shadows, n look at the stars! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I first saw this I ooooooo'ed!! It's gorgeous - I did it like you did ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat is deze mooi! De schaduw van de beestjes is perfect gedaan, net als de het lamplicht! Zou zo gedrukt en uitgegeven kunnen worden deze! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woooooow, it could really make the poster of a movie, that's a breathtaking creation!!! Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete