Saturday 3 May 2014

Birthday card

Hello fellow Crafters,

This week I saw that Art Journey already had the June issue of Craft Stamper. I ordered it from their webshop and found out that the minimum order should be 10,- Euros. So I thought I'd order a stamp; a girl can never have to many stamps, after all! I then saw that they have so many wonderful stamps, I will have to order some more soon.
Just before the magazine & stamp arrived I saw that they also do a Challenge. So I thought it would be a real challenge to do this challenge with only one Art Journey stamp. As the stamp that I ordered with the magazine was more of a background stamp I decided my to use the little free bird stamp that came taped to the magazine and a happy birthday stamp to finish the card. The theme of the challenge is "Tag on card".
So here is what I made :


I used a white card base and used some more white card stock to stamp my new stamp on. It is called "Ripple". I used yellow, orange, red and green Distress Inks for this. I then cut this slightly smaller then the card and matted it on black card stock. I made a little tag out of what was left and stamped the little free bird stamp and the birthday greeting on it. I also stamped the bird on white card stock, coloured it, clear embossed it and cut it out. Next I adhered the little bird on top of the stamped image on the tag. I also matted the tag on black card stock. The reinforcement ring on the tag was made out of the same black card stock. A green ribbon tied in a bow finished the label off. I attached it to the panel with dimensional tape and then adhered the panel to the card. 

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like it.....

9 comments:

  1. Great impact with just 1 Art Journey stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautyful........I love your bird......gr. Joukje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooie stempel heb je uitgezocht, dit is ook één van mijn favorieten je kunt er nl. zoveel kanten mee op. Je hebt er een mooie kaart mee gemaakt met leuke frisse kleurtjes, bedankt voor je deelname!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie, this is wonderful! I really like your take on the 'Tag on Card' challenge, and the little freebie bird stamp is so cute. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this card Corrie. That little bird is so eye catching ... I love him xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi!! Ik had op het AS te weinig tijd om goed naar deze stempel te kijken, maar nu spijt dat ik 'm niet heb gekocht... Fijne zondag verder, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and what a great stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Een mooie kaart, leuke achtergrond!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heel mooi en dat met slechts 1 stempel, wow! Fijn dat je meedoet met de Art Journey uitdaging!

    ReplyDelete