Wednesday 19 March 2014

Stampotique Designers' Challenge #139

Hello fellow Crafters,

It is wednesday again and that means another Challenge over at the Stampotique Blog.

Maria wants us to make something masculine and this is what she said:

'How many masculine cards did you make in the last month? I personaly made zero cards. Masculine creations can be a real challenge. I challenge you to create something using the masculine theme. Keep the cuteness and blings away this time. Lock them in your drawer. Let's make men feel special at least once in a while with,  something made only for them'

This is what I came up with:


This birthday card started off with some stripy black and white paper I printed myself a long time ago. I coloured some of the stripes blue and edged the panel with black ink. I stamped Eric on white paper,  coloured him, clear embossed him, cut him out and glued him onto some pattern paper with text on. This little panel was matted on some black card stock as was the stripy paper and the little sentiment. The whole thing was then put together and adhered to a blank card. 

I used two Stampotique stamps :


Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it.....

9 comments:

  1. He looks like an english man! I like it!!! Very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very masculine Corrie .... You could give this card to any age male and they would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks fab, great with the striped background.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of Eric as being a New Englander, Corrie, as you will see men dressed just like this at the grocery store in the middle of winter! Even my son does it. It's like making a statement that winter WILL NOT get the better of me! Love your background paper on this one--definitely masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice of backing paper to go with your fab image - love it

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Corrie, I love the text paper for Eric's background xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Eric and your card is very beautiful Corrie. Have a lvoely week-end, Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prachtige kaart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love him against that text background, and the fabulous vivid colours you've given him to wear. Wonderful card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete