Saturday 18 January 2014

Winter trees

Hello fellow Craters,

Over at the Tag Along Challenge blog the theme is 'winter trees'. I made this:



This is a #8 Manilla tag and I painted it with Paperartsy Fresco paint in Ice Blue. I made the top darker with DI and the bottom lighter with white chalk ink.  I used a border punch with a lacy pattern on white paper and used the bits that fell out as snowflakes. The tree is from Stampotique, I took off the leaves and put a little bird on one of the branches. He came from the 'just be U' stamp from Stampotique designed by Roc Nicholas. The edged were distressed with Cobalt Archival ink. I found the quote on the internet; I thought it was very nice. I used sticky letters to put it on the tag and lastly I put a bit of lacy ribbon through the hole.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it……. 

11 comments:

  1. Ja een prachtige tag, mooie tekst ook!
    Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little bird perched on the tree. This is a tag which is charming yet very cool and arty all at the same time.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Corrie, beautiful icy colours yet your tag has real warmth, and Roc's bird is so cheery xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh perfect for the challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab use of the tree stamp, great tag :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crisp and clean background that is full of perfect winter "blues," and works beautifully with your tree! I just ordered that tree! Your yellow bird perched there upon is also perfect, Corrie! This day, after more than a week of 40+ degree weather has filled our area with snow--again! I can so relate to your tag, and so hope for Spring! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "A bright winter's morn" - this is lovely Corrie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shades of blue, here, Corrie! I agree with Kay, Its crisp and clean, tag! good choice of quote too!

    ReplyDelete