Thursday 21 November 2013

Happy birthday 2


Hello fellow Crafters,

This my second posting for today and the second card I made. I couldn't believe it took me most of the day to make these two cards. I am pleased I had a day to craft today though as I have had very little time lately because I was busy with all sorts of other things. My laptop packed up so I had to buy a new one and (with help of hubbie) had to get all my stuff from the old to the new one. All done now though.


Of course there was the new Stampotique Challenge yesterday. And this was it :



Today we are challenging you to use a SPLAT! of paint somewhere on your design. We all love to get messy once in awhile and this week is your perfect opportunity to throw on some grubby clothes and splatter that paint all over your creation.

Can't wait to see the splotches!


So I decided to make a birthday card and this is it :





This is also a 13 x 13 cm card as was the previous one. I put on gesso first and then Pan Pastels in 2 shades of pink. I did some background stamping and decided to use numbers today. Dylusions numberstamp with white ink and a Paperartsy mini in Stazon grey ink. I then thinned some black acrylic paint with water and splattered all over my card front. I also used a top from a tube and the same paint to stamp the circles. The little Sheep Monster was stamped on white card and as usual painted with watercolour pencils and clear embossed. I placed him on some washitape and decided to use a little more around the card to balance it a bit better. Lastly I stamped the sentiment on book text and glued it on.


Thanks for stopping by !


Hope you like it…….

8 comments:

  1. I love this happy splat :)
    just visited your earlier post, which I missed last week. Must say, all creations have unique and fab backgrounds. My personal fav are art journal with lavender background and treasure life tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing you use your new stamps, Corrie! Sheep Monster is absolutely adorable...need him! Your variegated pink background and those stamps create the perfect background. Super splatters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gave verjaardagskaarten, die hieronder ook!
    Groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the most fun and adorable cards and somehow you manage to create them with a grown-up feel to them, such a skill that is.
    So lovely that you ejoyed a day of creating, it is good for the soul, isn't it?
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great great great, LOVE this Happy birthday card !!! Hugs, coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this happy little character, great colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Corrie!! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab background and cute stamp - love it

    ReplyDelete