Wednesday 4 September 2013

Stampotique Designers Challenge 115, lots of layers and more

Hello fellow Crafters,
Today is Wednesday, the SDC day. I always look forward to this but today even more as I received some Stampotique stamps yesterday and I couldn't wait to use them. I´ve enclosed a picture of them all at the bottom of this post.

I decided to use Birdy Up , after all this stamp was on my wish list the longest. The Challenge was set by Sue Davies and she wanted us to use lots of layers, so I did. I alway use lots of layers. First I smooshed DI on my craftsheet and rubbed my little Moleskine Journal in it and that was the background. I then used some stamps to create a bit more interest. The number stamp on the right is PaperArtsy and is turning into one of my all time favourites. There is also a number stamp on the left which is Tim Holtz. I also used some postage stamp stamps, also PaperArtsy. I then used some stencils on top of that and outlined the flower one with a white gelpen. The branch is part of a stampotique stamp called Tree by Daniel Torrente. The birds were stamped on white cardstock, coloured with watercolour pencils and clear embossed. I also used a bit of a dictionary for the word 'family' and a tag to put my sentiment on (rub-ons). The last thing was some lace rub-ons on the sides and that was it.


 
Hope you like it....
 
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. DI is distress ink. It is a Tim Holtz product and can be used for lots of different things, like stamping and distressing paper etc.

      Delete
  3. Corrie! My order arrived just last week (I am guessing you got free shipping, too!!), and I used my first, Jasmin, yesterday. Interesting that we did not order any duplicates between us! ;-) Love your Moleskine spread here, too! I may have to reconsider those Birdies...they are sweet! Way to go...again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay, you are always so kind, does me the world of good.
      I ordered my stamps at Dyan Reaveley's place in the UK. She has got a good selection of Stampotique. I went there this summer when I was on holiday in the UK. Her shop is stashed full with goodies. I wanted Birdy up for ages and couldn't get it anywhere in Holland. When I got a mail from Dyan's place that they had loads of new Stampotique stamps in I just ordered the ones that had been on my wishlist the longest. And unfortunately; no free shipping. Never mind, I am pleased I got a few more although the wishlist seems to get longer instead of shorter.
      What else did you get ??

      Delete
  4. I totally love this. Great way to use Birdy Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous journal pages. Love everything about it and the birds make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE love love this! glad u joined us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veel te zien hoor met zo veel lagen!!! Helemaal top! Bedankt voor het meedoen met Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veel te zien hoor met zo veel lagen!!! Helemaal top! Bedankt voor het meedoen met Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love all of your stuff!!! This one is sooo cute and perfect for all families, LOL!!! I would love to get that verbage stamp, who is it by??
    Janna
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the sentiment on the tag, I found that on the internet. I just used transfers (rub-ons) to put it on the tag. The family description was cut from an old dictionary. I hope this helps, if not let me know. Greetings from Holland.

      Delete
  10. This is wonderful Corrie, I love how you've used Birdie Up lol, and all those lovely layers make for perfect pages. Thank you so much for playing along at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Corrie, especially how you used the tree stamp. Thanks for playing with us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete