Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Scary girl

Here's another one I made while I was away. Thought I share it with you now. No Stampotique stamps this time. I gessoed the pages and then coloured them with Distress Inks. I used a stencil and a stamp to made the background a bit more interesting. I then distressed some bookpaper and randomly glued it on the pages. Lasty I put the doily and the pictures in.


Finally I am back home and in my craftroom. Today I made this tag for Astrid's Tag Challenge over at Stampotique. And is was a bit of a challenge because I don't usually make tags. So this was right outside my comfortzone. I must say I really enjoyed the process and will be making more tags in future. I used Distress paint and Dylusions spray ink for the background colour. Then I stamped some images on to make the background more interesting. I stamped Mothloved on white paper and coloured her in after which I embossed her with clear embossing powder. I then cut her out and glued her on the tag. I used some Tim Holtz washitape to stand her on and stamped the word Diva with the distressed alphabet stamps again from Tim Holtz. Lastly I put the ribbon on and added a little flower I made from clay way back in my jewelry making days... Hope you like it.

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Happy place

This one is the last one I made in the past few weeks with Stampotique Stamps. I used Distress Inks for the background as well as the stencilling. The little people 'Head' were stamped on old bookpaper and glued on over some pink and yellow washi tape. Hope you like it....


Another page I did while I didn't have access to the internet. (Boy, what did we do before internet??) I gessoed the page as always and then painted it blue with acrylic paint. After stencilling and stamping to make the background a bit more interesting I stamped Hunk on white paper and watercoloured him with Distress Inks. I then dunked him in Versamark ink and embossed him with clear powder so the colours brighten a bit. The sentiment was stamped on white paper and glued on. The last thing I did was put on the washi tape and glued Hunk down. Hope you like....

That's logic..

This page was made in the usual way : Gesso first and then Distress Ink in orange and pink for the background. I aged the edges with Vintage Photo and used stencils with white and orange ink to add some interest. I also used a top of a tube to make the circles. The sentiment was handwritten and cut out. The 'Tweedles' were stamped on white paper and watercoloured with Distress Inks. I put some washi tape down to put them on. Leave a comment if you like it.....

Curiouser and curiouser

This page I made after I read Dina Wakley's book "Artjournal Freedom". This is one of the techniques in the book. I gessoed the page, put the book page squares on there and then painted the top left and bottom right hand corner blue. I also used some slightly darker Distress Ink over the top and some Vintage Photo to make it look a bit more aged. I then stencilled the polka dots with Distress Ink and a blending tool and stamped the purple grid. I stamped Alice, the Rabbit and the Mad Hatter with Staz'on and then watercoloured them with distress inks. Finally I coloured some white paper with orange ink and cut out the circles on which I then glued the figures. Finally I used a stencil to write the sentiment. Hope you like it.....

French Flair

I made this card a while ago for the Stampotique Challenge 108 "French Flair''.
I just didn't have internet until today, so : better late than never !!

Saturday, 6 July 2013


 Finally had a bit of time to do some journaling. Hope you like it!
Did my usual stencilling and background stamping. The butterfly is a Donna Downey stamp and the little figure is Fofe by Stampotique. Isn't he awesome !