Tuesday 3 January 2017

Even in our darkest moments....

Hello everyone,

and welcome to the first post for Visible Image from me for 2017 ! Back in December I bought a Verday Paint kit and I couldn't wait to try it out. It comes with 4 acrylic paints; iron, copper, brass and bronze and a bottle of patina. I used the copper on my Monolith project.



Front of the Monolith. Love the copper with the blues and greens...




The back ...




A detail...



Close up of the moth...




Close up of the texture and sentiment. 


So, to make this, I started with a gessoed Monolith on which I glued some metal rings and some art stones. I then put on a coat of the copper paint. This has to dry and then I put on another coat and while this is wet I put on the patina. I love the blues and greens you get while it oxidises. 
I then added some stamping to the back and heat embossed with copper embossing powder which happens to be exactly the same shade so it is only a texture I have added. 
I coloured a piece of paper with blues and greens and stamped the sentiment, layered it on some black card stock and adhered to the back of my Monolith. 
For the front I repeated the paint/patina steps until I was happy with the result. Next I stamped the moth on white card stock and coloured it, cut it out and adhered it to the Monolith. I used the same-ish blues and greens for the wings. 
I think it turned out fab ! 

I used the following stamps and a Monolith of course..


Social Media, Blog and monthly Challenge details :


Show & Tell Monthly Challenge details: http://visibleimage.co.uk/challenge 









1 comment:

  1. Glorious, Corrie! I love the Verday paints - they're so much fun to play with and the effects are amazing. I've used them quite often for dollshouse stuff. Looking forward to seeing lots more.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete