Saturday 20 February 2016

Inspiration Wednesday

Hello everyone,

This week I have decided to join the Inspiration Wednesday course with Donna Downey. I always used to love watching her videos. It is really good value too at $35 for 25 videos. Anyhow I started off by making a journal for it. I used a little box used for sending stuff in the mail. I used the front and the back (or top and bottom if you like) and the side. I ended up with a book cover. I used a paper stack (Graphic 45) I'd had for a long time to cover this book cover; I used a bit of Tim Holtz fabric for the spine. Also in my stash I had a Dylusions journal. One of the big ones and these days the big pages scare me...lol so I decided to use the paper from this journal for my IW journal. I made some inclusions as well as Donna herself always has inclusions in her journals. So here it is:



I think it is fab ! And... I have already used it for week 1. I am hopelessly behind but I am sure I will catch up. Here is the first make :



 I really enjoyed doing this page and I am looking forward to do the next one.

Thanks so much for stopping by today ! I appreciate all your support !



5 comments:

  1. I love how you used the pages from the big journal that scared you and made them more manageable for you. Your colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goeie oplossing als je niet op die grote vellen wil werken (die van mij staat nog bijna leeg in de kast :) ) Mooi gebonden! Veel plezier ermee/in! Fijn weekend verder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book is incredible, oh I really love this!
    Then the texture and gorgeous paint drips on your journalling - how fabulous!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I am commenting out of order because I have already commented on Week 2 and here I am at Week 1! Good to see the journal you have made and now I know it is a DD class. It's amazing what one can learn by doing things in the right order! Duh! The price certainly is a steal as I love Donna's work, too. I haven't watched her videos in a long while, but I do remember them fondly. And, yes, now I recall those are "inclusions" and not "inserts!" You have done a beautiful job so far, Corrie. I will watch this with great interest! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete