Tuesday 19 January 2016

A little inspiration from me..

Hello everyone,

For my DT post for VivaLasVegaStamps! I have made a pocket letter. I see lots of people making these and thought to have a look what all the fuss is about !! lol

Anyway, here it is, complete with a tutorial of how I made it ! Enjoy....

This is the finished product ...




It is based on this mood board with the following words:

femininity, women, exploration, rainbow, neutral and nature, storm, maps, vintage, writing, script, yellows, tans, black and white, stripes, bold, rainbows, storms and more!



I hope I did it justice... 

Here is the process:



I started with a piece of white card stock measuring 10,5 x 7,5 inches. This is 9 ATC's. 


I used distress ink (scattered straw) and a blending tool to colour the paper.. 


I also used Walnut Stain to age the edges... 



Like so... 



Next I used a stencil with Walnut stain Distress Ink and a blending tool and also with water in a spray bottle so you get darker than the page and lighter than the page... 


Next I stamped the background using Archival Inks. I did use more than one stamp for this. A list of all the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post with links to the shop... 



This is how it looks after stamping....





Here's a close up... 




Next, I cut the now finished background into 9 ATC's.. 




and started looking for stamps to use, remembering the words from the mood board. 



Work in process, I just stamped the images, some on white card stock some straight on the background. I coloured the ones I stamped on white card stock, cut them out and adhered them to the cards. 


And here is the finished project again... 
I quite like how it came out..  I slipped all the cards into an ATC page and put some washi tape at the edge where the holes are. I did re-punch the holes... 

I also took pictures of the separate ATC's: 











I hope you like my project and got some inspiration to play along with us... and NO you don't have to use that many stamps or make 9 ATC's.... Just take some of the words and colours and make something ! 

I used the following stamps:

19653 - Bumble bee


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I really hope you will play along with us this month !


4 comments:

  1. Wauww gaaf zeg, bedankt voor je duidelijke tutorial Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heerlijk hoe je zo heel veel kunstwerkjes in een keer maakt! Mooi duidelijk je tutprial! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant - I love the limited colour palette - and then the pops of extra colour - that's the most beautiful I've ever seen the Gibson Girl look. What a great collection of images - they really seem to speak to one another.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so special! I am fond of a limited colour palette and here you worked with it so exceptionally well. Your individual colouring for each stamped image still manages to "pop" against the background.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete