Wednesday 2 December 2015

Shake baby shake ..

Hello everyone,

and happy Wednesday to you. It being Wednesday can only mean one thing : a new Challenge over at the Stampotique blog. Yay !!

It is the lovely Val's turn to host today and she chose the theme "Sequins". This is what she said :


'Lets see where your creativity takes you! Sequins come in every size and color and can be used in so many ways. Where will they end up in your project? :)' 


I decided to make a shaker card. I think they are very cute and a perfect way to use sequins and also little beads...



I started with the card front. I painted it with my fingers and pink and turquoise acrylic paints. Next I used a stencil and white paint to add the polkadots. I then cut out the window, using a die. 
Next I stamped the background. There will be a list of stamps I used at the bottom of this post. 
I also doodled around the edge with a black pen. 
Now it was time to work on the shaker part. First I glued some acetate behind the hole. I had already put the sentiment on the acetate with sticky letters. 
Next I used dimensional tape to 'build a wall' around the window to make sure none of the sequins would fall out. I used two layers. I then filled the room behind the acetate with sequins and beads; using a piece of pattern paper to close it off. Next I put the same amount of dimensional tape around the shaker part so it was the same thickness all over, added some normal adhesive on the back of the shaker part and adhered the whole panel on a white card base. 
Next I stamped Schmurfy, coloured him, cut him out and adhered him half on and half off the window.

I used the following stamps:

Why not play along with us this week and show us how you use sequins. There are two $30 vouches to be won at the end of the month. Just remember : Only one entry per person per challenge and no digi's... 

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


9 comments:

  1. Love it Corrie, Schmurphy looks perfect here xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful effect and color combination!
    Lieve groetjes Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dacht ik ook al dat ik als ik tijd vind hiervoor een shaker kaart wou maken...grappig sowieso om Stampotiquestempels en een shakerkaart te combineren; mooi en grappig weer deze kaart! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Corrie, your projects are always so stunning and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shake it up! Erg leuk gedaan Corrie!

    Groetjes Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schmurphy is new to me and I have fallen in love (all over again)! A great shaker card and a perfect use for this sequin challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - He is fabulous and how brilliantly clever to create a shaker card (I don't think I've ever made one!). The sentiment is great FUN :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I just love this!
    Have a fabby weekend xx

    ReplyDelete