Tuesday 14 July 2015

Why hello !

Hello everyone,

Yay, I have made it onto the VLVS! DT again and I am so very excited about this. It is such a nice DT and the stamps are fabulous ! For my first DT post in the new term I made a postcard. It is supposed to be a bit creepy but I am not very good at creepy so you might think it isn't ! lol


I used a background that was in my stash. Every now and then I will just make backgrounds for future projects. I don't use them every time but when I am strapped for time or when it is just the colour I am looking for I will use one. Today this one just was the right colour. 
It was made with water and Primary Elements. So pretty... 
I started with stamping the fence and the sentiment (I had already decided where the clown was going to go). I then stamped the background randomly. I also splattered some white ink on the card. (There is a full list of stamps I used at the bottom of this post). The clown was stamped on white card stock and on the card directly. I coloured him with Copic Markers and cut him out. I adhered the image to the card. The flower on the hat of the clown was stamped in yellow ink, doodled on and cut out. I adhered it to the image on the card. A white pen was used to doodle around the sentiment to make it stand out a bit more. And that was it ! 

I used the following stamps :



Thank you for stopping by today ! 

11 comments:

  1. I am loving this deranged clown! Looks as if he is about to escape the loony bin. And the fact that it's a clown makes it all the more disturbing (to some). Great postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gefeliciteerd en welverdiend!! Kan me voorstellen dat je blij bent, de stempels zijn prachtig, zo ook deze!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe not really spooky but a brilliant card! Those background stamps look fabulous on your background and that clown is just fantastic, so effective the way he seems to come right out at you.... Big congrats also on being back on their team again, and very well deserved! You do fabulous project with their stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous card, Corrie - and I think it's just on the right side of being creepy! Well done, and congratulations on the team-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW love that mesh stamp, great effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe Corrie totally love everything about this <3 <3 <3
    And YeY!!! Congrats on making the team again - we get to spy more of your amazing VLVS art - mwah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creepy, so very Creepy!! Just Love it!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him, not creepy at all to me. Again, love the fishnet around him, that is a brilliant idea I will have to borrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous Corrie, the fishnet is wonderfully used, I adore this card!! Your talent is a feast for the eyes! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Niet helemaal "spooky", maar wel een maffe omgeving voor de clown! Mooi hoe je dat net gebruikt hebt! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very happy to hear you're on the team again - I love your work with these stamps. And this is another fantastic example - beautiful background, and how the clown jumps out to catch your eye - so clever (and yes, a bit creepy - but only because I find clowns creepy!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete