Wednesday 15 October 2014

You're weird...

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today, over at the Stampotique Challenge blog the lovely and talented Carol is our hostess. She likes us to make something 'black, purple and pink'.  This is what she said:

" I love strong colours that really pop on the page, so I ask you this week to feature Black, Pink and Purple on your make for the challenge this week. "  Carol x

I sat at my desk for ages pondering what I could make. I then spotted 'Unicorn's cousin' from the new release and though he or she would look very pretty in pink ! So that was that; another art journal was in the making :



I did cheat a little and have some white in my spread as otherwise it would be way too dark for my liking. I did these pages in a little journal that I made at the Craftorij a few weeks ago. It is filled with lovely Mixed Media paper and works very well. 
I sprayed the pages with Goosebumps, which is a texture spray. It reminds me of liquid glue actually. It gives texture but also can be used as a resist as I did here. I used a blending tool and purple Distress Ink to colour the pages. The Goosebumps patches stay white. 
Next I stamped a circle randomly over the spread, this is another new release stamp. It is a cube with 4 different circles which were meant for making calendar pages but I think it is great as a background stamp. 
I then stamped 'Unicorn's cousin' twice on some white card stock,  coloured them and cut them out. I took a black marker and went around the cut edges and glued them down on my page. I only used a part of the second one. The sentiment was made with a label machine. 
I used the following two stamps from the new release:


Don't forget to have a go too as you can win two $30 vouchers, to spend in the Stampotique online shop, at the end of the month. Only rules : one entry per challenge an no digi's.

Thanks for stopping by !

Hope you like it....



11 comments:

  1. Fab page Corrie, I don't think having a bit of white is cheating (otherwise I cheated too!!) Love that quote xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ondanks het ietsje pietsje wit een echte paarse spread! Leuke indeling en mooie achtergrond weer! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird ziet er zo oké uit op deze leuke AJ pagina Corrie...!!
    Groetjes, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool, love that little unicorn monster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant pages, he looks so cool in this weeks challenge colours.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik vind deze spread super, Corrie!
    De kleur, de cirkels, en last but not least, deze gave Stampotiquestempel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, love these pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mooie grappige uitwerking Corrie, heerlijk deze kleuren!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea and make, I LOVE that too!!! :) Hugs Corrie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unicorn's Cousin is fast becoming a firm favourite of mine and I love how you used her on your pages Corrie, great fun :)
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete