Wednesday 1 October 2014

Birdlady goes vintage.

Hello fellow Crafters,

It is my turn to post a DT piece for Roc. I thought I'd go vintage to show you how versatile these stamps are. I also love paper piecing and I don't do it enough so today I sort of did some; I just used fabric instead of paper. Anyway here is the result :



The #8 tag was coloured with Distress Inks: Tattered Rose and Pumice Stone. I used the same inks to randomly stamp the background with Roc's 'Heartvine' stamp and a bottle cap and to do some splattering. I replaced the hearts on heartvine with butterflies. I used a punch and some texted pattern paper for these. Next I selected a few bits of ephemera (Tim Holtz - Thrift Shop) and adhered them on the tag. The bird at the top was cut out. Next I stamped 'Bird lady' on white card stock twice with Memento Ink and once on fabric with StaZon; I did stamp the little pocket of the jacket again as I wanted a different bit of the pattern. Of the paper version of 'Birdlady' I coloured her face, hair, wings and shoes and on the second one the hand and the bird in the pocket. I then cut out the paper version and the fabric version. Next I adhered her fabric coat, hat and trousers on top of the paper version. I then glued the paper bird and hand on top of the coat and the little fabric pocket under the bird. Pff... are you still with me... we're getting there.... I drew a line and some doodles around the edge of the tag, put some shadows around the butterflies and  ephemera. Lastly I dotted some Liquid Pearl here and there and ripped another piece of fabric to put through the hole. 

Be sure to check Roc's BLOG and if you want any of her fabulous stamps,  you'll find them HERE in the Stampotique Store

Thanks for stopping by ! 

Hope you like my vintage Bird Lady ! 


13 comments:

  1. Het ziet er weer erg mooi uit, prachtige poederkleuren heb je gebruikt!
    groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. prachtig! zo mooi deze kleuren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag, Corrie! Love that you used fabric instead of paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure is fabulous! Love the bird lady, esp with the little bird in her pocket. This has a great mood to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zowel deze, als de AJ page hier net onder vind ik zo mooi! Beiden ingetogen mooi van kleur! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Corrie, I love everything about it. The colors are so subtle but so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehehe, great fun Corrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this vintage feel. Bird lady looks really good properly attired ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous vintage piece, Corrie! You have shown me a new side of Roc's stamps! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rustige kleuren die samen met de stempels toch zo sprekend uitkomen...mooi!
    Leuk de geknoopte en gekleurde reep stof erbij Corrie!
    groetjes, Alie :-)


    ReplyDelete