Wednesday 8 January 2014

Something new !

Hello fellow Crafters,

For today's challenge over at the Stampotique DT Challenge, the theme is set by Kaz and this is what she wrote:

'I am just a little bit nosey, so for this challenge I'd like you to use something that Santa brought you! Don't worry if you didn't get crafty stash, just use something that you recently bought for yourself. If you really want to, you could make something with the theme of something new as well. Just make sure you enjoy making it'.

Did you know that at the end of each month you can win $30,-- worth of those yummy stamps if you participate in the challenge so why not have a go ! Anyway, this is what I made :




This is an Art Journal page in my Moleskin journal. I started with Gesso to prime the paper. I use Liquitex because it has a gritty finish on which Pan Pastels work really well. So after it dried I used Pan Pastels in blue and green. I did some background stamping and then started stamped the images on white paper (apart from the bushes which were stamped on patterned paper) and coloured them with alcohol markers. I also clear embossed everything.
I used the following Stampotique stamps : Folded tags (background)
                                                                   Bushes
                                                                   Banner
                                                                   Birdy up
                                                                   Carousel (new stash)
I made some 'coffee cup' marks with a top of an old bottle and also did some stencilling with a polkadot stencil and white ink.

The sentiment was made with little letter stickers.


Thanks for stopping by !

9 comments:

  1. This is so cool Corrie - and I can hear the song <3

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright fun journal page !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the folded tags to go along with the lyrics to a great song, Corrie! This is just such a finely composed piece of art, but lots of fun at the same time. Not an easy composition, but you pulled it off beautifully! You continue to amaze me, my friend! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GEWELDIG Corrie! heerlijke kleuren ook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Claudine, I love your scene, and I know how big it must be 'cos the carousel stamp is HUGE. Perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Janet, lol lol !!!
      Corrie x

      Delete
  6. Fantastic work Corrie, so funny and lovely !!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete