Wednesday 11 September 2013

Take a nap !

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today I made a tag for the Stampotique Designers Challenge 116: Try a new technique.
Yesterday I took part in a workshop  and the techique we did was : resist with heat embossing.
So I thought I use this for this weeks Challenge.
Here is what I made:

I started with a Tim Holtz Manilla tag no. 8 and covered it in gesso. I then use an empty thread bobbin to stamp the circles in Versa Mark. I used clear embossingpowder and then heat embossed it. I then used Distress Inks in pink and purple to cover the tag. The embossed circles stayed white.
I then stamped some script on the tag and used my favorite ring stamp, home made with an O-ring. Midge was stamped on booktext and cut out after which I placed her on the tag on some washitape. I put some more washitape in the top left corner to balance the tag. The sentiment was computer generated and cut out, distressed and glued on the tag. A bit of ribbon and some staples finished it off. Hope you like it......
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I just love this technique, Corrie! Midge is gorgeous and not at all upstaged by all your background resources (clever to use an O-ring!). Great color combo on the ink sprays! A sweet vintage tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background! Need to try this technique :) Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer’s Challenge. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I take a nap all the time! Really loving your style :)
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being a Design Team Favorite again this week, Corrie! Well deserved in my book!

    ReplyDelete