Thursday 19 September 2013

Baby, you can drive my car.

Hello fellow Crafters,

Today over at the Tag Along blog the Challenge is 'Masculine'. I found this quite difficult as the stuff I make is usually far from masculine. But I gave it a go and this is what I came up with:

 
I started with a #8 tag and painted it with Ochre and Sapgreen Acrylic paints. I then stencilled the bricks on it with Walnut Stain DI. I stamped a ledger stamp from Paperartsy on the right and the bottom with Archival Sepia Ink with which I also distressed the edges. I cut out some 'man' words from an old dictionary and glued them on. The sentiment is the title of a Beatles song and I used rub on letters to put it on the paper. The car is a Tim Holtz stamp and I stamped it with black Archival Ink on a bit of patterned paper. Al the bits have been distressed with Walnut Stain DI. Lastly I used a few rub ons, some washi tape and some ribbon.
I then thought it would be a good idea to mount the tag on some of the same dictionary paper as the 'man' words before glueing it on the black cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you like it.......

6 comments:

  1. 100% male! I certainly do like it. (Love the man words :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic! I always struggle for male-orientated things. love this though esp the man words.... very clever lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi, mannen, motoren en snorren. Erg leuk gedaan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful tag Corrie, love the text paper pieces, great idea.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice...loved the colors and the text from the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete